Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PRETTY BOY ACTORS. BEAUTIFUL MEN. The PREENING of the MALE PEACOCKS.


anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better


NOT SO LONG AGO, it was WONDER WOMAN.

These days, it's ADONIS on the prowl.

20 years before, you'd want to call a straight man "a man".

You wouldn't dare label him as "pretty".

Or "beautiful" for that matter.

That's UNmanly. That's resentment. That's an insult.

You'd probably get a pow-wow PUNCH!

TIMES HAVE SINCE CHANGED.

Men tend to be more free-spirited in outlook and in charm.

They are contend to give the female gender a run for their money, when it comes to men outdoing the women these days.

That's the name of the game.

Gone are the days of the male prude.

It's modern time, where the male model or actor wouldn't balk to show all and sundry, to be buck naked, in seductive poses displaying skin, baring frontals with generous showings of pubic hair.

And ahh ...in exotic THAILAND, it's a MUST for fashion stylists.

Pubic hair is so sexy (they claim) ..... so hush-hush, show all, la - to be noticed, to be the ultimate "sex symbol".

SEX APPEAL is "so in".

The male form is no longer a subject of controversy.

You wanna be famous?

Then if you have it, FLAUNT it!

Metrosexuals dab themselves daily with branded skin lotions and fragrances, visit the male spas, go on diets, hit the gym ever-so-often to attain the ADONIS chiselled body.

The market is now besieged with male products and services creating a specialized target segment for the manufacturers and advertising agencies.

Before it was the butt story, now it's the frontal in full glory.

So sexy, la.

Oh yeah, for the guys, it's ANYTHING YOU CAN DO, I CAN DO BETTER.

The condensed lyrics of this song run thus:


Anything you can do,
I can do better.
I can do anything
Better than you.


No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!

Anything you can be
I can be greater.
Sooner or later,
I'm greater than you.


No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're NOT!. Yes, I am.
Yes, I am!

I can shoot a partridge
With a single cartridge.
I can get a sparrow
With a bow and arrow.
I can live on bread and cheese.



And only on that?
Yes.
So can a rat!



Any note you can reach
I can go higher.
I can sing anything
Higher than you.



No, you can't. (High)
Yes, I can. (Higher) No, you can't. (Higher)
Yes, I can. (Higher) No, you can't. (Higher)
Yes, I can. (Higher) No, you can't. (Higher)
Yes, I can. (Higher) No, you can't. (Higher)
Yes, I CAN! (Highest)

Anything you can buy
I can buy cheaper.
I can buy anything
Cheaper than you.


Fifty cents?
Forty cents! Thirty cents?
Twenty cents! No, you can't!
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!

Anything you can say
I can say softer.
I can say anything
Softer than you.



No, you can't. (Softly)
Yes, I can. (Softer) No, you can't. (Softer)
Yes, I can. (Softer) No, you can't. (Softer)
Yes, I can. (Softer)
YES, I CAN! (Full volume)
I can drink my liquor
Faster than a flicker.
I can drink it quicker
And get even sicker!
I can open any safe.
Without bein' caught?
Sure.
That's what I thought--
you crook!



Any note you can hold
I can hold longer.
I can hold any note
Longer than you.


No, you can't.
Yes, I can No, you can't.
Yes, I can No, you can't.
Yes, I can
Yes, I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I No, you C-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-N'T--
CA-A-A-A-N! (Cough, cough!)
Yes, you ca-a-a-an!

Anything you can wear
I can wear better.
In what you wear
I'd look better than you.



In my coat?
In your vest! In my shoes?
In your hat! No, you can't!
Yes, I can
Yes, I CAN!
Anything you say
I can say faster.
I can say anything
Faster than you.
No, you can't. (Fast)
Yes, I can. (Faster) No, you can't. (Faster)
Yes, I can. (Faster) Noyoucan't. (Faster)
YesIcan! (Fastest)
I can jump a hurdle.
I can wear a girdle.
I can knit a sweater.
I can fill it better!
I can do most anything!
Can you bake a pie? No.
Neither can I.

Anything you can sing
I can sing sweeter.
I can sing anything
Sweeter than you.



No, you can't. (Sweetly)
Yes, I can. (Sweeter) No, you can't. (Sweeter)
Yes, I can. (Sweeter) No, you can't. (Sweeter)
Yes, I can. (Sweeter) No, you can't, can't, can't (sweeter)
Yes, I can, can, can (Sugary)

Yes, I can! No, you can't!


AND SO THE WAR OF THE GENDERS BATTLES ON.

You tell me.

Now, here's the song:


No comments:

Post a Comment