Sunday, September 20, 2009

The 1984 Hit Song "ELECTRIC DREAMS" paves the way for the DIGITAL AGE.


DREAMS

I absolutely dig the 1984 hit song TOGETHER IN ELECTRIC DREAMS.


Yeah, it's sappy, it's cheesy,


Yet it never fails to instill a dancy and uplifting mood in me, each time I hear it.


It's taken from the soundtrack of the saccharine-sweet ELECTRIC DREAMS movie about a corporate man, his girlfriend and his relentless computer.


ELECTRIC DREAMS was the computer movie of the 80's.


It's all pure heart and soul, laced with the most beautiiful of retro pop music.


And yes, the scriptwriters had pre-dated the Personal Computer era.


They had correctly predicted the hassles that mankind was going to face with computers.


The technology was outdated, but the vision on how to expand the use of computers are still very much valid today.


We have already arrived at the threshold of a new age of DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, no less.


Life, information and data are swiftly moving from offline to online.


These days, I hardly buy the papers anymore.


I read my news online.


I get my worldwide business clients online.


My research is done at the click of a computer.


The demise of traditional marketing?


Everytime the technological environment changes, so does the marketing environment.


Embrace digital technology, or perish in due course when your competitors are taking the lead.


On a happier note, let's take flight with the heartwarming lyrics of this song:


" I only knew you for a while

I never saw your smile

'Til it was time to go

Time to go away (time to go away)

Sometimes it's hard to recognise

Love comes as a surprise

And it's too late

It's just too late to stay

Too late to stay

We'll always be together

However far it seems

(Love never ends)

We'll always be together

Together in Electric Dreams

Because the friendship that you gave

Has taught me to be brave

No matter where I go I'll never find a better prize

(Find a better prize)

Though you're miles and miles away

I see you every day I dont have to try

I just close my eyes I close my eyes

We'll always be together

However far it seems

(Love never ends)

We'll always be together

Together in Electric Dreams

[Guitar Solo]

We'll always be together

However far it seems

(Love never ends)

We'll always be together

Together in Electric Dreams

We'll always be together

However far it seems

(Love never ends)

We'll always be together

Together in Electric Dreams."


On a clear day you can see forever,


LOVE IS LOVE,


And we'll always be together -


in our own ELECTRIC DREAMS.


No comments:

Post a Comment