Thursday, September 3, 2009

MUMMY DEAREST and FAMILY TIES.

MOTHER 1


MOTHER 2



MOTHER 3


My last rift with my mother took place more than one decade ago.


I had long forgotten what it was all about, but I was sure it was over a triviality.


She was caring, I was stubborn, I was headstrong,


and I said more than I should have, back then.


She was hurt and I was peeved.


I saw only my reasoning, never her logic.


I was devil-may-care and profoundly stupid,


It was purely a mother-and-son squabble, much ado about nothing.


Today, as I trudge down memory lane, I realize that whatever wrong you might have done, no matter how awful you had been, your mother is always there to root for you.


There's often, food on your platter and clothes washed and pressed when you get home.


Blood is always thicker than water.


I pray that if only - I could turn the clock backwards, to get back somewhere in time in order to hear my mother's rants and raves.


In short, I miss her chiding voice, her nagging, her presence.


I wish she is here now, so that I can give her a warm hug and tell her how much I miss her, love her and finally care.


Alas, it is never to be.


Why?


Because my mother passed away in 1993.


A mother's unconditional love is the greatest thing in the world.


Friends may backstab and betray your trust, but never a mother.


Why do we always take our loved ones for granted and regret ONLY when they are no longer around?


This is an universal human failing, to feel "deprived" when something precious is rudely taken away from your life.


Life's short, so we have to adjust to a pitfall of shortcomings and failures along the way,


Something's got to give, so let's learn to forgive and forget


and move on with life's lot.


Give and take, yes, give and take should be our norm.


Enjoy every moment with your loved ones because time and tide wait for no man.


Somewhere along the line if we really try, everyone can be a better man.


The following is an ODE to my late MUM, DAD and LOVED ONES who have departed.


You may be gone, but forever remembered.


Memory of your kind faces are deeply etched deep within my heart.


" Remember me when I am gone,


Gone far away into the silent land,


When you can no more hold me by the hand,


Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay,


Remember me when no more day by day,


You tell me of our future that you planned,


Only remember me, you understand,


It will be late to counsel then or pray,


Yet if you should forget me for a while,


And afterwards remember, do not grieve:


For if the darkness and corruption leave,


A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,


Better by far you should forget and smile,


Than that you should remember and be sad. "

No comments:

Post a Comment