Thursday, June 17, 2010

CHIRPING Birds. BLUE Skies. But WHY are you NOT SMILING?

AIN’T THE WORLD ALL SUNSHINE WHEN YOU ARE SMILING?


If at times you feel you want to cry,

And life seems such a trial ….

Above the clouds there’s a bright blue sky

So make your tears a smile.

As you travel on life’s way

With its many ups and downs,

Remember it’s quite true to say

One smile is worth a dozen frowns.

Among the worlds expensive things,

A smile is very cheap

And when you give a smile away,

You get one back to keep.

Happiness comes at times to all -

But sadness comes unbidden,

And sometimes a few tears must fall,

Among the laughter hidden.

So when friends have sadness on their faces

And troubles round them piled,

The world will seem a better place,

And all because you smiled.


KEEP ON SMILING, BABE!


Today I smiled,

and all at once things didn’t look so bad.

Today I shared with someone else,

a bit of hope I had.

Today I sang a little song,

and felt my heart grow light,

And walked a happy little mile,

with not a cloud in sight.

Today I worked with what I had

and longed for nothing more,

And what had seemed like only weeds,

were flowers at my door.

Today I loved a little more

and complained a little less,

And in the giving of myself,

I forgot my weariness.

No comments:

Post a Comment