Friday, May 17, 2013

MUM’s GOOD. TREASURE YOUR MUM.

MOTHER AND BABY REUNION

IS YOUR MUM STILL AROUND?

If she is, then you are lucky. I have no such luck.

This morning my radio was belting out a nostalgic vintage song called “MUM’s GOOD”.

For whatever inexplicable reason, I always relish this heartfelt Mandarin hit.

It’s the title song from the movie of which I probably heard it a zillion times.

We often say a mother’s love is unconditional, instinctual and forever.

I should know, because mine passed on more than a decade ago and as the years roll by, I realize that I truly miss her. A lot.

I was a moron when I was young, a badass taking her love and concern for granted. My mum made it a point to press my clothes and had my favorite dishes heated up the moment I reached home from work.

Now, I wish upon a star that if she’s still living, I would want to hold her, hug her and let her know I adore her.

Alas it is too late and I beseech you all, those whose mothers are still around, to do just that.

Time and tide wait for no man and you’d not want to live a life of regrets, just like what I have gone through now.

Mother’s Day may have recently passed, but you don’t have to wait for any Mother’s Day to demonstrate your love.

Every day can be a Mother’s Day when you show your affection and appreciation.

Do it now and as often as you can.

Be cool.

Here’s the song:


No comments:

Post a Comment