Saturday, November 6, 2010

I, MAN. You, DOG? On a LONG and WINDING road, You'd need this BEST FRIEND.

I think, therefore I am.

Rant, exploit, obsession, you name it.

Here’s a penny for your thoughts.

Have you ever sat in the middle of a long, winding road and look far ahead?

The horizon seems limitless, unfathomable, so out-of-reach.

It’s like frantically stretching out your hands, trying to attain something, yet it fraudulently slips away.

Sometimes you’d put on that brave front,

And smile that warmest smile,

But here’s looking at you, chum.

You can be lonesome, yes, life can be pretty lonesome for each and everyone of us.

Specially on days when we’ve nobody to share our innermost thoughts and dreams with, not even with our closest ones.

We are often, too selfishly wrapped up in our cocoons.

Too busy to appreciate the finer things in life that really matter, things we promised we’d do before we pass on.

Till, one day, the angel above delivers an urgent and unexpected wake-up call.

Then, maybe – it might be too late?

TALK to your DOG. He’s by your side.

Your DOG will never fail you.

He will listen, obey and agree with a woof and a wag.

Check this out.

Mine looks at me this morning, with wide quizzical eyes.

He seems to implore, “I am DOG, master. You are MAN.”

So there’s this differentiation?

Ahwwww …. not a very appropriate term, chum.

It’s kind of a put-down.

He is my friend, my partner, my defender, my DOG.

Is there a stark difference between MAN and DOG?

Both are living creatures.

I breathe. DOG breathes.

DOG has a life, except that MAN is the dominant master.

MAN calls the shots, shouts the command.

Aldo Kraas sums up the lot of a MAN when he laments in his poem:

“We are just a person with feelings,
And not an animal

Because we don’t think like an animal

And we don’t act the same way that an animal does.

We go out of our way to hurt others

Until they bleed …..

By telling them that we are always right

And they are always wrong.”

So that’s how this horrific word “war” is stemmed from.

Humans are faced with all kinds of wars.

Political wars. Religious wars. Household wars.

We fight because we hate . We rage because we love.

We cause stress to our minds, we bring hatred and misunderstanding to ourselves and to others, when a smile and a kind word would have worked wonders.

For the human, this is what we called LIFE.

What about the lot of an animal, the DOG?

Aaron Eckhart has his piece about Man’s best friend:

“I have a dog and sometimes I’ll be the littlest kid with my dog and marvel at his ears and his nose and how he looks at me. If he died, I’d bawl like a baby.”

Anyone who owns a canine pet couldn’t have agreed more.

One of the most loving and unconditional relationships you will ever have is with your dog.

Their sense of loyalty and devotion can be compared to no other.

In return for the companionship they provide, it is our responsibility to show them love and take care of them.

Like I say, I think, therefore I am.

Rant. Exploit. Obsession. Whatever.

I am what I am.

No less.

No comments:

Post a Comment